Terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) for the Unilever (COMFORT NATURALS] (“Activation”)
By participating, participants are deemed to have accepted these following terms and conditions. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
I. Eligibility to enter the Activation
1. This Activation is carried out by Unilever Gulf FZE, P.O. Box 17055, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (“Unilever”) and is open to all residents (“Participant”) of the [United Arab Emirates] (together the “Territory”).
2. Unilever Group Company (Unilever N.V., Unilever PLC and all companies in which either Unilever N.V. or Unilever PLC directly or indirectly own or control at least fifty percent (50%) of the voting rights exercisable in general shareholders’ meetings or exercise control over the appointment of a majority of the Board of Directors or other controlling management body) and/or employees of agencies of Unilever or members of their families, contractors or agents are not eligible to participate in the Activation.
3. To be eligible to enter the Activation, the Participant must:
a) Be a citizen or resident of the Territory throughout the duration of this Activation;
b) Be 21 years of age or any other age of legal capacity as per the applicable laws of the Territory to be subject to these Terms and Conditions;
c) Provide proof of identity, citizenship and residence in the form reasonably required by Unilever upon request;
d) Use his or her actual personal information upon filling any forms;
4. Unilever reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants.
II. The Prize(s)
1. The prize for this Activation will be a trip to a tropical destination (“Prize(s)”). Each Prize includes a return flight ticket (economy class) from the city of residence in the Territory to a tropical destination and a 3-night stay in a 5-star hotel for 2 persons (the winner and an immediate family member only). [EAN1] The details of the tropical destination and the accommodation shall be decided at the sole discretion of Unilever.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, not every participant will receive a Prize. There will be only 2 (two) winners in the United Arab Emirates.
3. The Prize can be changed or altered by Unilever at any given time at its sole discretion. Unilever reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative prize without prior notice.
4. The Prize is tax paid, non-negotiable, non-transferable and will not be substituted for cash or assigned to any other person for any reason whatsoever. The Prize shall be accepted entirely at the risk of the Winner and Unilever excludes all warranties in connection with the Prize to the extent permitted by law.
5. If receipts are required to enter this Activation, Unilever reserves the right to keep the original receipt, make a copy of the receipt or mark any receipts used by the Participant to enter this Activation.
III. Activation objective
1. The Participant can participate in the Activation by clicking / scanning the QR Code on the Comfort instore stands or digital content in the Territory and follow the instructions during the Activation Period.
2. Entering the Activation is considered by itself an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
IV. Entrance to the Activation and winner announcement
1. The Activation will start on March 1st 2023 and ends on March 31st 2023.
2. Unilever reserves the right to accept the Participant or disqualify any Participant once accepted.
3. Unilever has also the right to disqualify a Winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Participant has breached these Terms and Conditions.
4. Noncompliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Activation will automatically disqualify the Winner from availing the Prize.
5. In the event that the Participant is disqualified from the Activation or is unreachable where the Participant is a Winner, Unilever may at its sole discretion decide what to do with the Prize.
6. If the Winner of the Prize(s) is below the required age to enter this Activation, the Prize may be awarded to his or her legal guardian at the sole discretion of Unilever.
7. The Winners shall be chosen from a random draw of all entries (“Draw”) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions during the Activation Period.
8. The Winners will receive an email and/or an SMS after verification by Unilever.
9. Unilever shall not be responsible or liable for any late, lost, misdirected notification or for the Winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim the Prize.
10. All decisions of Unilever in relation to the Winner will be final and binding.
11. The winners will be contacted via email within 30 days after the end of the Activation Period.
12. The Winners will get notified on exact travel date to the agreed destination once confirmed by Unilever. The Trip period will be scheduled between April 1st 2023 and December 31st 2023 at the latest.
13. The Prize(s) shall be forfeited if:
a) The Winner is not available to travel
b) The valid travel documents including visa to the country of destination are not obtained by the Winner and the immediate family member by the dates specified by Unilever.
c) Immigration complications arise which prevent the Winner and/or the immediate family member from entering or leaving either the country of residence or the country of destination; or
d) The Winner has not executed any obligations or has not met any requirements under the Terms and Conditions and applicable laws.
V. Winning criteria for the Prize
1. By accepting these Terms and Conditions as indicated above, the Participant hereby consents to the publication of his or her name in any Unilever magazine, newspaper and/or social media.
2. Determination of the Winner shall be noted in a document signed by Unilever or its agent/representative. The Winner must provide evidence which, to the reasonable satisfaction of Unilever, demonstrates that he or she is the true Winner, is eligible to enter this Activation and has complied with these Terms and Conditions. To claim the Prize, the Winner must present a valid government-issued ID for identification.
3. The Winner agrees to complete and execute any documentation required by Unilever, its representatives and affiliates or anyone on their behalf in order to give effect to their Prize, including but not limited to certificate/affidavit of eligibility, publicity release and liability release or any other document as requested by Unilever at its sole discretion. Failure by the Winner to provide completed documents within the time specified by the relevant requests of Unilever or failure to execute any other obligation specified in the present rules or requests of Unilever may result in disqualification and the Prize being awarded to the next Participant chosen.
VI. Additional conditions to travel
1. The Winner and the immediate family member are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas or other required documentation for travel to and from the trip destination. Unilever may assist with the visa applications but is in no way obliged to provide the same to the Winner and/or the immediate family member.
2. The Winner and/or immediate family member must not have any medical, legal or any other reason that would prevent him or her from receiving or availing the Prize(s).
3. The Winner is responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that he or she may wish to obtain at his or her own expense and hereby acknowledges that Unilever has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
4. The Winner is bound by the terms and conditions of all airlines, hotels and other third-party service providers used in connection with the Prize(s).
5. Unilever is not responsible if tickets or other documentations are lost, stolen or misplaced by the Winner and will not be replaced, or if booked transportations are missed for any reason.
6. All other expenses not stated herein as part of the Prize(s) are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
7. Exact dates and locations are subject to change and are at the sole discretion of Unilever. Travel must be completed on dates specified by Unilever. Actual value of the trip depends on the Winner’s residence or country of origin. Specifications of the Prize(s) package are subject to availability and Unilever’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of the trip will be furnished with Prize notification. Other restrictions may apply.
8. The following shall not be provided by Unilever:
a) Travel visas or any other travel documents required,
b) Additional baggage weight,
d) Vaccinations where required,
e) Travel insurance and
f) Other meals and beverages not included in clause II. 1.
VII. Activation entity
This Activation is administered by Unilever Gulf FZE, Comfort Team, P.O. Box no. 17055, Junction 13, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
VIII. Intellectual Property
The Participant acknowledges that all copyrights, trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property rights in the artwork, graphics, text, video and audio clips and other content on the Activation (“Content”) are owned by Unilever and the participant hereby agree that he or she will not reproduce or otherwise use any such intellectual property rights, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever.
IX. Force Majeure
Unilever may cancel, modify or suspend the Activation for causes outside Unilever’s reasonable control or by any force majeure including but not limited to actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared) fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Unilever’s sole and reasonable control.
X. Limitation of Liability
1. Neither Unilever nor any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and Activation agencies, legal and financial advisors, any and all other companies associated with this Activation or any of Unilever’s respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, licensees, licensors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using the Prize or participating in this Activation, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Unilever is not responsible for any defected, lost or stolen Prize or the misuse of the Prize.
2. Each Participant accepts the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by the decisions of Unilever and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in this Activation. The Participant agrees, except to the extent that any personal injury or death is caused by the Released Parties’ negligence or breach of these Terms and Conditions, that the Released Parties shall not be responsible for any claims, losses, liability, and damages of any kind (including reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses) asserted against any of them, incurred, sustained, or arising in connection with the use, acceptance or misuse of any entry material, or while preparing for, participating in any Activation related activity including without limitation any injury, damage, death, loss, accident to person or property, or from the respective Participant’s breach of any agreement or warranty associated with this Activation, including these Terms and Conditions.
3. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Activation is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Unilever and each of their licensees and representatives reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for any such attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
1. The Participant will indemnify and hold Unilever, their subsidiary and affiliate entities and the employees, officers, directors and representatives of each harmless (including costs and attorney’s fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of access to or use of the Activation, the violation of the Terms and Conditions, or the infringement of any intellectual property or other proprietary right, by the Participant or any third party using the Participant’s account. The Participant’s obligation under this indemnity may not be offset against any other claim.
2. All entrants release from, and indemnify Unilever against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of the Prize or participation in this Activation including, but not limited to, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
Unilever reserves the right at its sole discretion, without any prior notice, to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify any feature of the Activation including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use without advance notice and to re-commence the Activation in its sole discretion and upon Terms and Conditions deemed reasonable by Unilever.
2. Noncompliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Activation will disqualify the Participant from availing the Prize.
3. By entering this Activation, each Participant agrees that his or her personal data received by Unilever, in the Territory and third-party agencies working with Unilever in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be processed for the purpose of the Activation.
4. The Winner of this Activation hereby grants Unilever and its licensees, respective affiliates, Activation partners, and third party marketing entities, at no cost and without the need of any of the Winners authorisation, the unconditional perpetual right and authority to publish and broadcast anywhere in the world at any point in time, for any purpose in association with this Activation and in any publicity and public relations about the Activation and media (including internet sites, mobile, television, radio and press) (“Activation Publicity”); their name, image, photograph, video footage or audio record taken of them (where applicable), biographical data, testimonial, or other likeness and/or Prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof). By entering the Activation, the Winner agrees to appear in all necessary media coverage related to this Activation.
5. All entries become the property of Unilever. By entering this Activation, each Participant consents to the personal information they submit with their entry being used for the primary purposes of: administering this Activation, passing on information to related entities and to enter into a database for future promotional, marketing and publicity activities of Unilever or the Unilever Group. Unilever regards the security of its personal information as a priority, however, cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided.
6. By registering your details, the Participant agrees that his or her submitted details will be stored and used by Unilever to keep him or her informed about Unilever promotions, products and news. The Participant understands that his or her details will not be passed on or sold to any other third party without his or her prior knowledge and consent.
7. Each Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Participant and Unilever and its affiliates is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Participant’s decision to participate in the Activation does not place Unilever and its affiliates in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Participant’s participation, other than as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
8. By registering and participating in this Activation, the Participant accepts that any dispute in relation to their participation in this event will be subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and the Participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dubai Courts.
9. If any provision of these rules is invalid under the laws, rules or regulations of the Territory, it will only apply to the extent permitted and adjusted as legal to satisfy Unilever’s objectives. In addition, Participants are required to abide by the applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Territory as they may pertain to participation in this Activation.